Wednesday, November 5, 2014

mi yugo es fácil y ligera mi carga

                                                                                                                                   October 27, 2014

¡Hola!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!  :D

I sincerely am trying to send pictures.  This week I took some with Hermana Wadsworth's camera so that it would work.  But no.  :(  Sorry!

It's funny that you have dreams about when I'm home...I'm doing the same thing, trying to keep going and keep focused, but I find my mind wandering so much.  I feel like it is going to be so weird for me to be home because everything here is so completely different.  I don't worry that things will be weird...I worry that I will be weird with the things that used to be normal for me.  Does that make sense?  I don't know.  And it doesn't help that all of my stuff is ready to die...or already died.  This week another pair of shoes gave up the ghost.  Missionary shoes are so valiant!  They just go and go...but when there is a big hole in the bottom there is no solution...hahaha.  Also my body just doesn't handle the hard work as well as it did in the beginning.  I get tired more easily.  But I am still not ready to come home!  I have four more months!  Lots of things left to do!  So I am trying to focus and give as much as I can while I still have the chance.  This week I ate too much lactose and had a lot of stomach pain for a few days.  And today Hermana Wadsworth's stomach doesn't feel so good.  But we are pushing through it!

This week we had a really special visit with AXXX.  She is golden.  She reads the Book of Mormon and knows that everything that we teach her is true.  But she is just scared about changing everything in her life and her family.   They always say that the Lord is preparing people specifically for you as a missionary.  This week I really felt it.  With my experiences and stories, I could help AXXX to come closer to our Savior.  Also, one day a bunch of our appointments fell through, so we went to visit a sister who we hadn't visited for a while.  When we went by, it was exactly the moment that she needed to feel her Savior's love.  I thanked Heavenly Father for guiding us to the person who truly needed Him.  It is such a special opportunity to be able to devote all of my time to serving others and helping them to progress and feel happy.

Hermana Wadsworth and I are really enjoying this companionship.  I feel like I am learning just as much or maybe more than she is from the training manual.  This week we studied a lot about prayer and the centrality of the Book of Mormon to our message.  I felt so much more prepared to teach this week!  I know that the Book of Mormon is the key to having a testimony in Jesus Christ, that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that the Church is true.  Last week you asked me if we will be together for Christmas.  I don't know because we have transfers on December 3.  But that made me think of the flash drive Abby is doing.  I didn't mean for her to freak out about it!  I know she has a million and one things to do.  All she really has to do is just upload the CDs to the computer and copy them onto the flash drive.  It should be pretty quick and easy.  I feel really bad about stressing her out over this; it's not even that big of a deal.  Can you ask her and Benjamin to write me?  I miss hearing from them!  It sounds like they had a great time at Trunk or Treat!  If you could send pics I would love that.  I love the picture of you and Daddy for the football game.  You guys look so cute!  Your hair is so different!  I want to send you a picture of my hair.  You would not believe how long and blonde it is.  I'm thinking about cutting it, but my companion says it looks fine.  I'm still not sure, but I kind of want to grow it for these last four months and cut it when I get home.

This week we are having a Halloween activity and inviting everyone, members, investigators, contacts, everyone!  It is for our branch with the other branches here in La Unión and maybe the Rio Bueno branch too (I'm not sure).  So it should be really fun!  The zone leaders planned it and they are really excited.  They called to tell us all the details and told us that we should plan costumes but still remember that we are representatives of Jesus Christ...haha it's a bit difficult to have a costume as a missionary, but we are thinking of dressing all in white and making wings out of panty hose and hangers to be angels.  haha.  

I hope you have a lovely week and enjoy your Halloween!  Thanks for the picture.  Can you send me one of the jack o'lantern if you make one?

I wrote the whole email and forgot to explain the title :)  It comes from a scripture in Matthew 11:28-30, and my companion shared it with two different families for a spiritual thought this week.  It is so beautiful to think about how the Lord helps us to handle our trials.  He is always there to help us.  "My yoke is easy and my burden is light,"  "mi yugo es fácil y ligera mi carga."

Love, Hermana Latham

No comments:

Post a Comment