Saturday, October 12, 2013

PUT YOUR SHOULDER TO THE WHEEL!!!


put your shoulder to the wheel!!

October 6, 2013

I am dying on the inside.  From excitement.

I have two sheets of paper here that say that I have a ticket to fly to Puerto Montt, Chile!!! 

I really can't believe that this is real.  I keep thinking someone will pinch me and I'll wake up and I'll be working at Target.  :)  It's really a similar feeling to when I was leaving to start as a student at BYU.  The Lord has blessed me so much to reach my dreams...and although sometimes I have wondered why He cares so much about me, all the lessons from conference reminded me of the Lord's love for me.  I also believe that blessings come through obedience. 

So we will be loading on the bus tomorrow at 4:00 P.M. Central (5:00 P.M. Eastern) on Monday.  Our flight leaves from Mexico City at 9:25 Central (10:25 Eastern) and we have a direct flight to Santiago.  We will land in Santiago at 7:50 A.M. Eastern/Chile time on Tuesday.  We have a layover in Santiago and our flight to Puerto Montt takes off at 10:30 A.M. Eastern, then we land at 12:15 P.M. Eastern time!  It will be a long trip, but it really is a relief to have all of the boarding passes printed out and ready to go.

I am so excited to go to Chile and start serving the Lord, and "put my shoulder to the wheel," so to speak.  :)  Hermana Young and I are already packed and we can't wait to get on the plane!

I'm still not sure about the calling card thing.  The elders have told me that I can buy one at the airport.  We have quite a while between the time we get to the Mexico City airport and the time we take off for Santiago, so I may be able to call then.  If I call...it will be sometime between 6 and 9 pm eastern time.  I would like to call, but I'm not 100% sure that I'll get the chance. 

I hope you all loved conference!  I thought it was just so wonderful.  I am very inspired.  I learned so much about the Lord's Atonement and the importance of loving each and every person, regardless of their situation.  I also learned a lot about the Lord's love for me.  How blessed we are.  It's impossible for me to pick a favorite talk because all the sessions were so phenomenal!

I wanted to ask you guys a favor.  I keep thinking about this one lady that I think would appreciate the gospel in her life.  This summer when I was ironing out all of my cards and things to make them international, I went to the bank and visited with (name omitted for privacy).  She seemed really touched by what I was doing with my life, and I remember her telling me that she wished more young people were like me.  She also remembered you guys.  Now, looking back on it, I wish I would've invited her to visit mormon.org, or that I had given her a pamphlet or pass along card or something.  Mama or Daddy--would you mind going to see her at the Wells Fargo right by Kroger?  I just can't shake the feeling that she needs or is ready for the gospel in her life.  It can be as simple as a pass-along card.  We are so blessed with the light of the gospel of our lives, and even more blessed to be able to share it with those who are seeking it.

I love you all so much and I think about you every day!  I missed your hugs and General Conference snack mix this weekend!  ;) 

Abrazos from Mexico (and soon to be CHILE!!), Hermana Latham

No comments:

Post a Comment